I have something very exciting to tell you! (I love when I can start a post with that line.)
Also, we raised some money!
And also, people are writing about us!
- GeekWire: Y Combinator-backed Contagion merges with Health Month to form Habit Labs, moves from SF to Seattle
- TechCrunch: Habit Labs Gets $250K To Turn Leading A Healthier Life Into A Game
- I’ll add more to this list as it grows today and tomorrow… if you write about us, let me know by tweeting it to @busterbenson.
What does this mean?!
- We can hire people! And we’ve already started with two amazing new Habit Labbers: Scott Neilson (Lead Designer) and Amelia Greenhall (Lead Community Manager). If you’re a great Rails developer that wants to work on stuff that makes people healthier, please do something to get our attention!
- We can keep building! We’re currently several months in to a new improved product that builds off of all of the feature requests we’ve been getting about Health Month. To stay up to date on when this gets out there, you can fill out the little survey here, and/or follow @habitlabs and @budge.
What can you do to help?
Haha, yes. I do have a request, if you are willing.
Are you willing to do one or more of the following?
- Tweet, Re-tweet, Super-tweet, etc one of the articles above
- Reblog or heart this if you’re on Tumblr
- Facebook Like or Google+ something, which you can do from the article pages, aka the GeekWire article
- Tell your mom, aunt, and co-worker about Health Month, create a team for them and play next month!
- Apply for a job here, or tell your awesome friend that they should apply
We’re ready to grow! Help us?
The whole world of health-improvement games, apps, and services is in fact ready to grow. I believe this so strongly. Please, if you are interested in helping the whole world of health-improvement turn into a major area of innovation and excitement that it so desperately deserves, please also try out and spread the world about these friends in the space:
- Fitbit (integrates with Health Month)
- Withings (integrates with Health Month)
- Earndit (half in Seattle)
- Limeade (Seattle)
- Picture of Health (Seattle, in our same building even)
- EveryMove (Seattle)
- Mindbloom (Seattle)
- Social Workout
- MeYou Health
- Massive Health
Lots of opportunity, lots of good company, and a big audacious problem to solve. Life is good, my friends. Thanks for taking a moment to appreciate this good thing that just happened. Now back to work.
If you got this far, have a free Health Month game on us!